You can change the text or overall appearance of the top portion of a certain topic (week, module, etc.) within your course. You can modify any topic in your course this way, from the first module to the last.
This can be useful if, for example, the first week of the course states simply “Topic 1” and you would like to customize the name.
Editing a Topic Summary
Turn editing on in the course you would like to update.
There are two ways to update the topic:
- Click the Edit link on the top right-hand side of the module. Then click on the Edit topic option in the pull-down menu.
- The editing page will appear.
- Click the checkbox icon beside Custom if you want to edit the default section name text and call it something else. This is the text that appears at the top of each module or topic, such as Topic 1.
- You may also type in the Summary text editor to edit the content that appears below your newly revised section name.
- Click Save changes when finished.
- You will see your changes in effect on the main course page.
- Turn editing on.
- On your main course page, click the pencil icon to the right of the topic name:
- Type your new topic name.
- Press Enter.
- Note: You will need to follow the instructions in Option 1 to modify the topic summary under the topic name if so desired.