Adobe Connect: How to Use the Application for Desktop
The Adobe Connect application for desktop allows users to join meeting rooms directly from their desktop.
Note: The application for desktop is not required to use Adobe Connect. However, if you’re not using the desktop application, you will need to enable Flash in your browser and use the Adobe Connect add-in. If you will be using screen-share features, you will need either the desktop application or the browser add-in.
Installing the Application
The application can be installed to your computer one of two ways:
- If you do not have Adobe Flash Player enabled in your browser, you will be prompted to download the application when you join an Adobe Connect meeting room.
- Alternatively, you can download the application at any time through this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html
Once the application has downloaded, follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Using the Application
On the welcome screen, you will have three options:
- To join a meeting room, enter the meeting room URL into the box and click “Continue.” On the next screen, you will be given the option to enter the room as a Guest or as a Host.
- If you are a student, choose Guest, then enter your name into the Name box and click Enter Room. This will add you to the meeting room.
- If you are an instructor or administrator with an Adobe Connect account, choose Registered User then enter your login information and click Enter Room. Optionally, you can have the application remember your username by checking Remember me on this computer. However, you will need to enter your password each time.
- Recents displays a list of the 20 most recent meeting rooms you have joined.
- Favorites displays a list of meeting rooms that you have favorited.
On the Recents and Favorites tabs, hovering your mouse over a room will display two icons:
- The Favorites icon will add the meeting room to your Favorites If the meeting room is already in your Favorites list, clicking the icon will remove it from the list.
- The Launch icon will open the login page for the meeting room.